Monday, July 13, 2009

What's on my design wall


Well, not much new is on my wall this week. I've got the blocks for the table runner put together, but I'm stuck about what's next. I know I want sashing between the blocks, but I'm not sure about the outside edges. I have about a bazillion little half-square triangles left from different projects. I think that they overwhelm the flying geese blocks though.

I've pretty much talked myself into buying Quilt Pro rather than EQ6. Quilt Pro will run on my MacBook without any additional software, a big plus.








When my friendship group was over on Saturday, I remembered these blocks. I like piecing the string blocks. It's almost mindless piecing, and they always look good. I do have a few batik strings to use up.




Now no, "My stash of strings is bigger than your stash of strings" stuff. This is not a competition.







The other thing I want to try with the strings are some free pieced letters. Lazy Gal Tonya has the greatest quilts done with these. Something to put on my wish list.

No comments:

Post a Comment