Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Out With the Old

Out with the old, and in with the new. 

When we moved in the owner had done loads of improvements prior to our buying the house for which we are very grateful. However, she was unable to have the master bath shower re-tiled. So, we have the lovely, original pink tile in the shower. I'll spare you pictures of the gross shower floor.


Pinterest enters the picture.

http://www.bowerpowerblog.com/2012/02/office-bathroom-reveal/#comment-190168
This beautiful bathroom was done by Katie Bower, and posted on her blog Bower Power. Her bathroom is probably a little larger than ours. I guess people didn't need large bathrooms in 1961.

We found an "as-is" vanity at the local Home Depot that a customer had returned. I'm going to paint it a similar color.

The pink tile is going to be replace with a simple subway tile. White tile with white grout.

The floor is going to be ceramic tile with a wood grain look.

http://www.builddirect.com/Porcelain-Tile/Natural/ProductDisplay_6933_p1_10083319.aspx


Unfortunately, I can't do anything about our dated medicine cabinet. That means no pretty oval mirror. I'm trying to come up with some way of perking it up. Maybe a wood molding around it to hide the chrome.







I did find a pretty light. I've never been a fan of the round globe lights.


















We've got the work set up to start later this month. I can hardly wait!

In the same spirit of out with the old and in with the new, we had a new heat pump installed today.

See that beautiful blue sky? Well, the poor installers didn't get to work in that for long. We got snow! It's been such a warm, dry winter we didn't really expect any snow today. I felt sorry for the poor guys.
It didn't last long, but it was good to get some precipitation.

1 comment:

  1. Your new bathroom's going to look wonderful. I can see why you want to replace those pink tiles!

    ReplyDelete