Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Soft

My daughter and I went to JoAnn Fabrics to get some border fabric for this quilt.


While we were there Bubba found the superhero flannel fabric. Bubba is very into superheroes. DD and I were looking at the flannels, but Bubba wandered over and found the superhero fleece fabrics.

A decision was made to make him a no-sew tied fleece blanket. He selected Superman and Batman fleece. He carried the Batman bolt to the cutting counter. On the way over this conversation occurred.

Bubba, "Mommy. "
DD, "Yes.
Bubba, "Pet it, Mommy. It's soft"


He watched carefully as the clerk cut his blanket fabric.

I worked quickly once we got back to the house, and had the blanket done by the time he was finished with baseball practice. It was a success. He cuddled with it when he went to bed.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea. I have a 42 year old who would love a Spiderman throw: I must check for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the picture-reminded me of my DD, when she was young and would accompany me to JoAnn Fabrics; she would watch the sales person flip the boards of fabric to unroll enough yardage and say 'when I grow up I want to work here and do that job'-dead serious. :)

    ReplyDelete