I am shame faced. I'm afraid there isn't much progress on my Lone Star top. I have sewn the first point together, the strips for all the rest are cut, and I have begun sewing them together.
There is another project that I've been working on. This was a challenge project for my small friendship group. The constraints were black, white and one color. We weren't able to choose our color. It was random selection. There were crayons in brown paper sacks that we selected. My color was cornflower blue. It was a struggle for me. Cornflower blue would not have been my first choice to mix with black and white. I found inspiration from the cover of American Patchwork and Quilting.
I wanted to get the borders on this before I went further on the Lone Star project. You can see the strips for the Lone Star at the bottom of the picture. Now I'll re-thread my sewing machine with a better color for the Lone Star and resume work on it. Really, I will. I have time. My longarm is out of commission. It needs a new hook assembly, and it hasn't arrived yet.