Sunday, September 16, 2012
My inspiration (Pinspiration?) came from a pin on Pinterest. I don't know that these are even on a board, but I knew that I wanted to put mine on the wall in my new quilting room. I also knew that I wanted to use my old wooden spools, and not the newer plastic ones.
Mine turned out a little fat and squat for my taste, but I'm not making another one. I'll live with it.
Second, trace it onto your base. Mine is thin plywood, but if you make yours smaller it could be on foam core board. I don't think foam core could have supported the weight of all the spools that I used without warping.
Fourth, I don't have in progress pictures of this step. Sorry. Glue the spools onto your backing. I used Gorilla glue, because that was on hand. Any wood glue should work.