Sunday, November 3, 2013

Bad Blogger

I have been a very bad blogger. Life has gotten in the way of blogging.

The javelinas got into the yard and ate all the sweet potatoes, melons, and tomatoes that were growing. Then they came through and ate the tops off of all the onions.

We've planted two apple trees, a nectarine tree. They all have cages around them so that the javelinas can't eat them. We also planted some Echinacea, which just happens to be a plant the javelinas really like. Of course I found this out after I planted them. My sweet Motorcycle Dude made wire cages to protect them. Good thing too, the dumb javelinas came through again last night. They tried to pry up the cages, but were unsuccessful. Yeah! They were however successful at tipping over the trash cans and spreading trash all over the side yard. Whatever genius decided to import them to the southwest should have some special punishment reserved for him.

I'm the vice president in charge of programs for one of the local quilt guilds. I had no idea it would be so much work when I agreed to take the job. It's lots of fun meeting the speakers. There is just a lot of time spent on making contact and getting the contracts done.

We've loved being in our new house, and are very grateful that the previous owners took good care of the house. While not strictly necessary we have been changing out some of the appliances. The latest is a new range. The white finish range won't be in until the 11th. Delivery and installation is on the 13th. It has a proof mode for when I'm making bread. I'm so excited!



I have been quilting; 31 quilts in the last three months. I just keep forgetting to take pictures of the quilts. Here are a few of the quilts that I've worked on that I remembered to take pictures of.

This modern beauty is my customers first quilt. Her own design too!
These adorable penguins are for a local quilt shop.

This was a beautiful foundation pieced New York Beauty.


This quilt was for the Arizona Longarm Quilters Guild. It's a good thing I took this picture. I noticed that I forgot to finish the crosshatching in the lower right corner.


1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of those animals before, but they sure are ugly! Your quilting on the other hand looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete