Sunday, December 13, 2009

Gingerbread Houses




Today our family gathered to make gingerbread houses.











The tradition started years ago when my children were in grade school. My husband was stationed overseas on an unaccompanied tour. I was looking for a holiday activity to do with the kids. We made three each year. One for each child and one for the sentries at the gate. We filled the one for the sentries with extra cookies and candy.

We made one for each child this year. However, since two of the children are under two years of age I helped out. I think that the littlest ones would have done a better job.
The roof was sagging. The walls were leaning. Then finally the side wall cracked. The decision was made to make it a car wreck. I haven't been able to make a gingerbread house that held together since the children were little.

It's been a rough week. It was fabulous to be with family.

3 comments:

  1. It looks like a delicious car wreck, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully this will be a better week.

    The houses look great, what a fun thing to do.

    ReplyDelete