Monday, March 28, 2011

Catching Up

Catching up is what I end up doing when I get home from a trip. Laundry, cleaning, bookkeeping, quilting and blogging. Well, the laundry is done, and I'm getting this posted today. Can't say the same about everything else.

While I was in SoCal not only did I get to watch Twinkle Toes
play softball, I got to watch Spicy play baseball.

















After her game she celebrated her birthday with a  Tutu Tea Party. The girls wore their tutus, feather boas, party hats and dress up shoes.

They were adorable!









Quilting related, I'm currently piecing a quilt for my husband's cousin. He volunteered asked me to make a quilt for her. He asked for a king sized quilt, but I don't have a longarm table large enough. So, I'm just making a queen sized quilt.

I have the fabric for the framed nine-patch blocks cut, and I've begun sewing them together. It is a fairly simple design. I'm hoping it comes together quickly. It should finish at 89"x94".

I currently have this beauty on the longarm. It is taking me a bit longer than I expected. At first I was just going to stitch the stylized feather in the background, but it seemed lost. I added the micro-stipple around it, and I liked it better. I've never done micro-stipple before. It takes a long time, a really long time. On top of the fact that it takes a long time, is that it irritates the tendonitis in my elbow, so it is also painful. However, it is turning out so pretty that I keep working on it.


3 comments:

  1. Your quilting is spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good time. Those girls look so cute all dressed up.

    I love the look of the quilt you're micro-stippling at the moment. Is it a customer quilt or your own?

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is shocking news in the sports betting world.

    It's been said that every bettor needs to look at this,

    Watch this or stop placing bets on sports...

    Sports Cash System - Robotic Sports Betting Software

    ReplyDelete