Sunday, July 8, 2012

Sunflowers


I have loved the blue and yellow color combination since I was a teenager. So, when Mary brought this quilt to me for quilting I fell in love with it.


I finished quilting it last night, and could hardly wait until this morning to take a picture of it.


This is an image from All People Quilt

I'm not sure what the pattern is called. I believe it is a variation of the Glorified Nine Patch pattern.





However, rather than melon shapes it has the quarter circles, and the nine-patch is on point within the block. I wouldn't be surprised if Mary designed it herself. She is very good at that.















I did have a little bit of trouble with some fullness in the circle spaces. I think that some of the fullness came from my quilting the blue nine-patch areas first. 



I was a little concerned about it working in. I started by stitching the centers, thinking that this would help start to pull in extra fabric. It did help a little bit.









Next was stitching the petals of the flowers, the echo, and swirls. I think they turned out well.







2 comments:

  1. that is a stunning quilt! luv blue and yellow

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great quilt. I love how you're quilting it too, and it does look as though you're getting the puffiness out of it.

    ReplyDelete