Sunday, June 28, 2009

What's on my design wall


I like this new book, Scrap Basket Surprises, by Kim Brackett. I picked it up at Orange Quilt Bee when I was there last week. I was attracted by the quilt on the front, but there are several that I want to make.









The quilt in progress on my design wall is Scrap-Basket Blues from the book. Of course I had to change the colors a bit. They're still blue and a light, but not the dark blues in the book. I cut the 2 1/2" strips from stash fabrics. I think my husband is getting tired of me appropriating the kitchen island, but it's at the right height for cutting.




I've gotten three blocks put together so far. I like the way it is turning out.








When I sew on the white squares I stitch a second seam to that I can get little half-square triangle units.




I have had several projects lately that I've done this with. When I trim them up they should finish at 1 1/2" square. I have no idea what I'll do with them, but I couldn't bring myself to just pitch the triangles. I'm getting quite a supply of them.

2 comments:

  1. I have had my eye on this book for awhile...I think it's one that I really need to buy! I love how your quilt is turning out and you're right, I wouldn't be able to pass up on the freebie triangles either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surprising.. I like the blocks.
    Greetings from Marmaris.

    ReplyDelete