Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Quilting Makes the Quilt


The title of this post is borrowed from the book of the same name. This is one of the nine patch blocks from the Longarm U. mystery quilt. Kind of boring. Especially since this is a 12" block.









This is the nine patch block after quilting.
Once again, I didn't follow Cindy's directions. I changed the quilting in the white blocks. Cindy designed it with ribbons, but I don't quilt ribbons very well. I changed it to a variation of line dancing that I saw in Bread and Butter Quilting.

I am so happy with the way that this is turning out.

My husband is ready for me to have the feather quilting done. I practice drawing on the daily newspaper. I look for the pages of public announcements. There are the fewest pictures on those pages. I figure since we already pay for the paper it's free practice paper.

1 comment: