I decided to scrap the Chinese Coins from last week. I don't know what I'll do with the pieces, but something will come up I'm sure. I have a lot of 2.5x5" pieces.
So, I have this in the works to replace the coins.
My inspiration was this quilt from Fat Quarter Small Quilts by Darlene Zimmerman. I decided to modify it a bit. 3 inch blocks made the quilt a little too small for a baby quilt. I increased the block size to six inches and changed the colors to my friends lavender and brown choice. The colors in the photo are way off. The brown is not quite that dark and the lavender/purples are much brighter. I think I need to review the manual on my camera.
This was my first attempt with EQ6. I wasn't prepared for the learning curve. I'm not finding it as user friendly as I thought it would be, but I did get this done.
I have to cut the sashing strips and corner stones. I am happy that I got this much done today. I started with cutting and got the blocks done. That, and finishing a couple of lap quilts on the longarm, not a bad day.
I considered entering photos of my stash for Judy's stash collection, but I'm truly too embarrassed.