Sunday, June 5, 2011

Lighting

Last Sunday I made a big decision. I decided to buy a lighting system for my longarm. I get pretty good natural light in the morning, but as the day goes on I need more. I tried inexpensive lighting fixes, clamp on lights of different types, but they never really worked well.

DeLoa Jones' husband, Dave, offered a special deal for the longarm guild members. he would wave the installation fee. I couldn't resist. I called him and arranged for the installation. The Dee-Lights from DeLoa's Studio looked really nice.

Here they are!
Off


On



Poor Dave had quite an ordeal getting to my house and installing them. He isn't from the area, and didn't really know the freeway system here. Coming up from Phoenix, he got on the freeway heading west instead of east. Then when he got straightened out he got stuck behind an accident. His one hour drive turned into a three hour drive. Then during the installation not one, but two drill bits broke as he was drilling mounting holes. To add to the problem one of the broken bits wedged itself in the frame and had to be dislodged before he could proceed. To his credit he didn't throw up his hands and say, "You're on your own!" Dave persevered, and finished the installation.

The lights are great. Thank you, Dave!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Your lights look great. I bet they make loads of difference to you.

    ReplyDelete