Saturday, September 10, 2011

And a Good Time Was Had By All

Arizona is a very quilty state, and our area is a very quilty area. We are lucky enough to have four quilt shops in our area. Two of them are within about five miles of our house. Well, with all of these quilters we also have lots of longarm quilters. Not all of them quilt for hire, but there is a large group that do. We formed an informal group. Not a guild, no presidents, or programs, or dues. Meetings are once a month.

Today we met at my house, and I introduced the group to the Line Dancing technique and books by Diana Phillips. I am arguably her biggest fan. Her books get a lot of wear, because I'm always looking at them for inspiration.



I loaded the longarm, and quilters brought pieces of muslin to try out the Line Dancing. I also had dry erase markers and plastic sleeves so they could try drawing out the designs.












I brought out all of my books by Diana. I wanted my friends to be able to see what great ideas they contain.

We looked, quilted, talked and laughed. I'd say a good time was had by all.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds great. I am so envious of you having quilt shops so close to you.

    ReplyDelete