Sunday, April 27, 2014

Progress


Well, Mr. Contractor Guy came and repaired the termite damage.  

We thought we were all ready for Mr. Tile Guy to come and do his magic. He came and said, "Why didn't he fix the drain?" Nobody told us there was a problem with the drain. Apparently we have an old three bolt drain, but we need to have a new four bolt drain. We called the plumber on Thursday to have him fix the drain. Unfortunately, he couldn't come out until tomorrow. 

I've begun working on the quilt guild's next opportunity quilt. It is a reproduction of an antique quilt belonging to one of our members. So far all I've done is the stitch-in-the-ditch around the applique.

I've come up with a few ideas for the quilt. The original was done in all-over, tiny crosshatching. 

None of these are quite to scale, nor are they the best pictures ever. I'm leaning towards the first one or the second one. I like the second one, because it has some crosshatching a nod to the original.



4 comments:

  1. I, too, like the second one but, boy does that look like a lot of work. It will be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, at least Mr. Tile Guy noticed the problem with the drain and made you aware of it. It's good that he noticed it before it evolved into a bigger problem. That would have just driven you nuts. I hope the drain is fixed now, though. Anyway, you seriously did a great job with the quilts. I especially like the second one. I just think the design fits better with regard to positioning and style. :)

    Lovella Cushman @ Perfection Plumbing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lynn! I'm so glad that the termites were extinguished out of your house, for good. They are nerve wracking to deal with. Has the renovation been going well? I sure hope the drain has been replaced and fixed. Anyway, the quilt looks amazing! I honestly can't pick which looks best. You're doing great! :)

    Traci Romero @ Harris Plumbing

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are many interesting information available in this blog. Thanks for sharing this kind of information.

    Repair Cracked Tile
    Healthy Shower Service

    ReplyDelete