Sunday, November 20, 2011

AZLAQ President's Challenge Show

Yesterday, was the Arizona Longarm Quilters' Guild's President's Challenge quilt show. There were only 24 quilts, since the guild is small. I had entered three quilts, Blueberry Twist, Twinkle Stars, and Mashed Potatoes.


I had intended this to be entered into the overall category, but the judges shifted it to the custom category. I did the borders separately, but the interior of the quilt is freehand overall quilting. Nichole Webb calls it Fantasy Freehand. Carla Barrett calls it Artistic Freehand. Darlene Epps calls it Floral Fantasy. I call it quilting for those with a short attention span. I used designs from all three designers, plus some that were inspired by motifs in the fabric.












Mashed Potatoes got a Third Place in the Pieced Custom category. This is one of my favorites. I really like the way that this quilt turned out.














Twinkle Stars was the last quilt that I entered. This one received First Place in the Pieced Custom category, and it got Best of Show! I was shocked, and honored! This is a longarm guild and all members are very talented. I'm still surprised that I was honored with these ribbons.





Tune in tomorrow. I'll have pictures of the progress on the string quilt.

4 comments:

  1. That's so awesome, Lynn! Congratulations on your winnings! I always knew you were so uber talented! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!~You are so talented, I'm not surprised at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowwee. Well done on your best in show win, and on Mashed Potatoes'third place too. I bet you were floating on air for days when you found out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Wonderful quilts and well deserved honours!

    ReplyDelete