Saturday, January 7, 2012

Lone Star QAL


Well, QuiltSue did it. She convinced me to join the Lone Star QAL. I am going to use Eleanor Burns Radiant Star book for my directions. I like the lady's "get it done" style. Eleanor uses 2 1/2" strips, and guess what my Dear Motorcycle Dude got me for Christmas? An Accuquilt Go! He also gifted me with the 2 1/2" strip die for the Accuquilt Go!
 












I stopped by one of the local quilt shops, Seams Sew Right, and bought these fabrics for my star.


















I played around with EQ7 for the color combos. This is one of the possibilities that I've come up with. The colors are a little off. I got tired of playing with the colors. The keyboard strokes have stopped working, for some reason.




Now, I am going to clear off the kitchen island (my cutting area) and cut some strips.




4 comments:

  1. Woww, I LOVE the fabrics you've chosen. I think your border looks great too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynn! So glad you're in on the quilt along! It will be inspiring and motivating to see everyone's progress. Looking forward to seeing yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wonderful. I like your real fabric selections so much better than the EQ7 close match ups anyway. Great shopping job. I will enjoy watching this quilt grow.

    ReplyDelete