Monday, November 16, 2009

What's on my design wall?


Nothing new with the flying geese, but I have started a couple of new take along projects.
This is in the November/December issue of Fons and Porter's Love of Quilting.

This is as far as I've gotten. Obviously, it won't be ready for this Christmas. It is fun though to work on something seasonal during the actual season that it is for. I always have a hard time working on Christmas things in July.









I also started a new pair of socks. No big surprise there.
They are from the book Socks a la Carte. It's a flip book. You pick the cuff, leg and foot that you want. You're supposed to put elastic around the pages to hold your choices, but the elastic on my book doesn't reach the pages. Still it's a fun idea.







I've also been working on my Quilt Whisperer homework. Quilt Whisperer is an online class being offered through MQ Resource.
Nothing wonderful yet. I'm hoping I'll get better.

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you on working "in season", which may be why I'm working on 2 Christmas quilts, 4 Christmas pressies, and have just ordered 2 patterns for Christmas candle mats!

    As to the homework, I haven't actually started mine yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, have trouble thinking about Christmas in July...then in Oct/Nov I get all these ideas and there just isn't time to make them all. I love the partridge in a pear tree quilt you've started, I have that magazine and a little post-it note on same project to make...maybe next year :)

    ReplyDelete