Friday, May 27, 2011

Judge's Comments

This afternoon the UPS man brought me my MQS quilt. I nervously opened the judges comments. Pat Harrison and Linda McCuean were the judges.

I should mention that I was able to work in the judging room one afternoon when I was in Kansas. I was so impressed with their work. They were so respectful of everyone's work. I can't say much more, because one of the requirements for working in the room is signing a confidentiality statement. They had judged my category the day before I volunteered, or I wouldn't have been able to stay in the room when they were judging.

Well, I did gather myself and read the comments. They were really pretty good. Mostly satisfactory with pluses, minuses, and plain. I had one "needs improvement" comment, my stops and starts. I've been working on them, but there is still substantial room for improvement.

YLI sponsored a new thing for the comments. The judges recorded comments as they were looking at the quilts, and then they were transferred to a flash drive that was given to all of us entrants. I was able to listen to Linda comment on my quilt as she was looking at it. It was very cool.

1 comment:

  1. I've never had a quilt in a judged-type competition but I should think it's quite scarey when you get the comments.

    ReplyDelete