Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Mistakes

I just shipped off "Twinkle Stars" to the Machine Quilter's Showcase. I did have to send it overnight. Pricey, very pricey.

When I took that quilt off the frame after spending 40 hours, or so quilting it, I realized the quilting did nothing to enhance the top. It was stitching for the sake of stitching. What a mistake! Now, I never had any expectation of winning a ribbon at this show, but now I feel that I might also be a bit embarrassed at my quilting. Really, my work as a longarm quilter should always play up the quilt top.

Alas, it is too late to do anything about it. I'll take a picture next week when I'm at the show. You'll see what I mean.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. I think you're being too hard on yourself. Your quilting is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you're wrong and have just spent so much time looking at it that you can't be impartial about it.

    ReplyDelete