Monday, July 27, 2009

Long Beach Quilt Festival

I have spent the last four days at the Long Beach International Quilt Festival. I met and talked to so many wonderful people. There are so many people blogging out there! I exchanged blog addresses with many people. I'll share them later.

I posted about the class I took with Roberta Horton, but I also took a Triangular String Quilts class from her sister Mary Mashuta. I had my first experience with a Sampler Class.
Two hours to hear 14 teachers teach a mini-class. It would have been quite exciting if I hadn't been so exhausted. I sat down to listen to one of the teachers and started to fall asleep. It was not a comment on the teacher's subject matter or teaching style. It was a comment on the effects of a 4:30 A.M. wake up call from my alarm clock. I had to get up very early to make it to the show in time for my shifts.



The rest of the time I was working at the show. I was a quilt guardian (I'm sorry this is a no photography area), I sold programs (Programs are $1.00. No, I'm sorry I can't give you one to replace the one you lost) and I helped take down the exhibits.


















I did make a few purchases. Not too many though. On Saturday I bought something to keep my hands busy while I waited for the Saturday Sampler to begin.
I stopped by the Cotton and Chocolate booth. A very nice lady was demonstrating making these hexagons. They sold them in a cute project bag, which I didn't buy. I bought the papers, thread and a charm pack. The very nice lady, whose name I forgot, cut the charm pack into fourths for me. As you can see I've made a few. What am I going to do with them, you ask? Who knows? But, it kept my fingers busy. They're fun and quick to make. I'm sure a quilt's worth will not be quick though.




1 comment:

  1. You must be soo tired now. I know how hard it can be working at a show, but it's lots of fun too. Beware of hexagons by the way. They can be addictive, you keep thinking "I'll just make a few more" and before you know it you've got a mountain of them!

    ReplyDelete