Friday, July 10, 2009

Quilt Run

A friend and I went to a few shops in the Southern California Quilters' Run. We visited 4 shops. Three were new to me. Isn't it fun visiting new shops? It's a lot like a party. They had yummy snacks at each of the shops.

My spending was pretty well controlled. I only bought a few pieces of fabric. Really, I was good.









The party favors were patterns and beads.

Now that I think of it, only two shops, Timeless Quilts and The Quilt Cupboard, were new to me. I've been to Bear's in Garden Grove for longarm guild meetings, and Flying Geese isn't truly a new shop for me. When we lived in Tustin I used to shop at Flying Geese when they were located in Irvine.

I want to get to Ginger's Quilt Shoppe and Fabric Patch on Sunday. Not to buy fabric. No really, I have to turn in my passport after all, and get two more block patterns. Really, no more fabric.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good trip out, and you were very restrained with your shopping. I don't think I could have been so good! I'll look forward to seeing what you do with the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynn! Just found your blog through Barbara's Twitter link. Love your quilts!

    ReplyDelete